Monday, 2 February 2009

25 Random things about me

1. Movie soundtracks are some of my favorite CD’s to listen to
2. I do not like bananas – although I wish I did
3. Alaska is one of my favorite places in the world
4. I would love to write a novel and children’s books
5. If I am reading a good book I can lose track of time and be disorientated answering the phone.
6. If I get a new CD I can listen to it several times a day for a long time
7. I considered doing the training to do a solo parachute jump after I enjoyed my two tandem jumps a lot
8. I often chorography ice dancing routines in my head when I listen to music – even though I do not really ice skate myself
9. As a child I liked to act out the ‘evil’ characters in stories on tape (like Psalty the Singing Songbook tapes) because they were more dramatic
10. I think Agatha Christie is one of the greatest crime writers of all time
11. I did not like Coke Cola until I was a teenager – still not my first soda choice
12. After visiting the Pacific Island of Samoa when I was 18 wished I was not white, and felt at home with the Islanders
13. Loves the fact that I am left-handed
14. Really dislikes using the telephone and would much rather communicate over email or face-to-face
15. Thinks being brought up on a farm has helped me be a better missionary
16. Favorite TV show are crime-based like NCIS, Bones, Without A Trace
17. Wants to go to Prince Edward Island in Canada, just because of Anne of Green Gables
18. Is looking forward to the day when traveling home to NZ takes only a few hours (space travel!!)
19. LOVES to learn new practical things
20. I love to make people laugh – although wonder if people really find me funny or are just laughing at me laughing at myself….
21. Can easily switch driving on the left or right side of the road depending on the nation driving in
22. Would rather walk than ride a bike
23. Likes the fact that I have spent 5 weeks in East Greenland – not so many have done that
24. Would really love to travel to every continent in the world someday
25. Do not normally respond to these sorts of internet questions….but this one seemed like fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh....so you don't like banana's! Good to know!

Anonymous said...

Fun list Helen. thank you for sharing it. I like your news!
Rob